Product Manager, Heat Pumps & Compression in Europe – Holme (Denmark)
Do you have a passion for managing products throughout their life cycle as well as a thorough understanding of Industrial Refrigeration products and markets? Moreover, are you keen to join a global company to become part of an established and highly collaborative Product Management team with a track record in delivering superior customer satisfaction on highly engineered products?
What you will do
You will be a part of Johnson Controls Industrial Refrigeration department, where chillers, heat pumps and compression lines are deployed throughout Europe. Primarily within Food & Beverage, District Heating, Process and Marine applications. You should be proficient in the vertical markets and applications that they serve, and you are also recognized as a savvy technical and a commercial manager for these products within the business. You will be responsible for all activities necessary to achieve the growth objectives within your target verticals. As a Product Manager you will also put focus into emerging and underserved market opportunities for IR’s products. This will involve marketing, educating, and continuously engaging with both our sales & marketing managers to ensure the product lines continuously meet market requirements.
How you will do it
- Review (and report) regional market share, growth, trends, opportunities, gaps etc as well product volume projections and resolve actions needed to grow share
- Identify new product development needs, develop and gain buy-in for business cases with key stakeholders, and drive the product development execution for road mapped products
- Identify emerging or unaddressed markets and develop strategies to address such opportunities
- Develop, lead, and maintain all product roadmaps and lifecycle aspects including product launches and phase out processes
- Deliver the products, features, options, and sales tools required to facilitate strategic growth plans
- Support core marketing activities for the product lines
- Support training program needs and materials in concert with Industrial Refrigeration marketing, regional support (sales and marketing), and learning and development teams
- Maintain product line specific content for sales support, sales training and customer collateral
- Use voice of customer to settle and validate requirements for existing products as well as new product developments
- Set strategic market-based pricing
- Assure sales tools are accurate and current with proper Intercompany and Third Party price levels for the product lines
- Ensure product developments meet customer expectations (performance, operation, reliability) and drive any required cross functional engagement required across the functions of engineering, service, sales, operations, supply chain
What we look for
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering – Marine, Mechanical, or Thermodynamic
- 5-7 years of experience in engineering, product or program management, marketing, or sales
- Business, technical, and financial skills with strong competences in strategy and analytics
- You possess or demonstrate ability to quickly pickup knowledge of field, technical, and business practices relating to industrial products
- Language proficiency in English and Danish
- Experience in Refrigeration, Heating or HVAC related Compression technologies in Chiller or Heat pump applications and/or Industrial Refrigeration vertical markets of Food & Beverage, Marine, Energy, Data Centers or Process customers a plus
- An entrepreneurial approach to evaluating new market opportunities
- Experience in salesforce CRM and Power BI is an advantage
You will be a part of a highly competent team based at the Sabroe factory in Aarhus, Denmark. The working environment is busy, engaged and focused on delivering world class products on time. The daily communication is informal, humoristic, and direct. Within Johnson Controls you will have great carrier opportunities, locally and globally. Work life balance and flexibility is important for us in the team.
Does this sound like you? Then send us your application today through our website, as we screen incoming applications continuously. We will also be happy to receive applications during the Christmas Holidays.