Appen | Linguistic Project for Icelandic Speakers
Appen is a global leader in the development of high-quality, human-annotated datasets for machine learning and artificial intelligence. Appen brings over 20 years of experience capturing and enriching a wide variety of data types including speech, text, image, and video. With deep expertise in more than 180 languages and access to a global crowd of over 1 million skilled contractors.
Imagine you have a virtual voice assistant (like Alexa, Siri, Google Assistant) in your house that can complete certain tasks if you tell it to do so - set a timer or an alarm, give you news updates, play music, etc. How would you tell your virtual assistant to do these in your language?
On this project, you will be reviewing sentences and choosing the best options/translations for your language, and judging naturalness for completed sentences.
Your task is to produce high-quality translations of user-facing content for our client’s systems. We will provide you with Guidelines for how to translate and/or proofread the content.
- Speaks Icelandic (Iceland) on a native level
- Stable internet connection
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong understanding of concepts of linguistic naturalness and/or translation versus localization
- Ability to review examples and apply rules to data
- Prior translation experience (preferred)
What we offer:
- Flexible working hours
- Work from home
- You can apply/work while you are working full time or studying!
- Apply many projects as many as you can!