Senior Software Engineer, Python
Dataminr puts real-time AI and public data to work for our clients, generating relevant and actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, and NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events and emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public and private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, and respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth and innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists. We also earned accolades for ‘Most Innovative Use of AI’ from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join our team and help the world manage risk in real time. You’ll work with 1,000+ talented people across eight offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, and have fun while doing it!
In this role, you will:
- contribute code from the get-go
- spend time with different parts of the company to understand how Dataminr works
- get up to speed on our tech stack and analytics tooling with overview sessions and deep dives with your team
- implement valuable tracking used to understand user behavior and inform future engineering efforts
Who you are:
You're an experienced software engineer with superb Python development skills interested in working on a high profile integration project within Dataminr. You have built APIs for large scale commercial applications in the past, implementing best practice development/testing standards and enjoy working on complex integrations between multiple systems.
What you've done before:
- Development using Python and backend frameworks such as Flask, FastAPI or Django
- Consumed AWS services using the Python SDK including S3 and SQS
- Built complex APIs from the ground up with SSO authentication
- Implemented Postgres for persistent storage of application data
- Worked with code versioning tools including Git and CI/CD systems such as Gitlab Pipelines or Circle CI
- Defined database schema and developed best practice approaches to indexing and partitioning
- Constructed and optimized SQL queries using explain analyze and slow query logging
- Written tests using pytest and implemented mocks for external dependencies
- Worked with in memory caches such as Redis to ensure endpoints are performant at scale
- Used swagger to define and document API functionality
- Ideally, around 5 years desired experience in a similar role
Why you should work here:
- We recognise and reward hard work with:
- competitive compensation package including equity
- company paid benefits for employees such as Medical Insurance with Dental Cover, Life Insurance, Salary Insurance and Pension to name a few!
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning and development fund and professional training
- generous leave, including two additional volunteer days
- remote working friendly perks such as monthly stipend for remote working costs and fitness app reimbursements
…and this is just to name a few!