Medical Affairs Data Expert
Breakthroughs that change patients' lives... At Pfizer we are a patient centric company, guided by our four values: Courage, Joy, Equity and Excellence.
Our breakthrough culture lends itself to our dedication to transforming millions of lives.
At Pfizer we know that great things happen anywhere people come together with one shared goal.
Please read more about our new exiting vacant role: Medical Affairs Data Expert
Behind this title there is a role where you will be the Medical Affairs RWD strategy lead for all our therapeutic areas and pipeline projects. You will be driving the strategic process to identify data gaps and support the team in generating the RWE that will make the difference.
HOW WE IMPACT PATIENTS
We contribute to transforming the lives of patients through science. We lead the medical conversation partnering broadly to generate scientific evidence. In this role your will be at the heart of RWD science focused on our breakthroughs that transform patients´ lives.
HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE
The Medical Affairs Data Expert (MADE) drives the strategy for RWE generation across all business units (BU's). This role will work in close collaboration and alignment with the BU medical affairs teams, Health & Value /Market Access colleagues and our launch excellence colleauge enabling each product core team to develop and execute their medical RWD strategies to secure optimal market access and successful launch.
THE KEY RESPONSIBILITIES IN THIS ROLE INCLUDE
- Lead, in collaboration with H&V, the local RWE Center of Excellence and offer project management and strategic support as well as direct operational support to RWE activities across BU´s in Pfizer Denmark.
- Drive planning of future RWD strategy together with H&V, HEOR and medical colleagues across BUs to ensure proactive, strategically relevant, and efficient data generation.
- Support the medical colleagues across all BU's in creating a forward looking RWD strategy with excellent judgment and strategic insights into both clinical and market access requirements for pipeline and life cycle management projects with focus on customer insights and anticipated future data gaps.
- In general, ensure proactive planning and generation of RWD that will make an impact for patients or the product and with efficient utilization of national registries or other relevant RWD sources including opportunities for collaboration both nationally and internationally.
- Be able independently to drive local cross-functional work to support prioritization, planning, set-up and execution and reporting of local RWE projects in alignment with the overall asset strategy and keeping One-Pfizer potential synergies and priorities in mind.
- In collaboration with H&V ensure a regularly updated overview and understanding of the national registries and RWD opportunities in Denmark and Iceland as well as insights into relevant vendors for collaboration.
- Support RWD study execution across BU's by providing scientific and methodological input to study design, data analysis and endpoints and potentially publication. Be able to understand and discuss or challenge vendors or other stakeholders regarding methodological study strengths and limitations.
- Support colleagues with operational and SOP related requirements to setup, execute and finalize non-interventional or pragmatic clinical studies.
- Identify strategic or operational areas of improvement (e.g. local processes) and proactively seek compliant solutions
- Show leadership and ability to guide and assist colleagues, and on a regular basis bring BU medical colleagues up-to-date on recent RWD methodological developments like new analytical methods and innovative designs.
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM YOUR PROFILE
- Medical Doctor (preferred) or similar academic degree in relevant science area, with strong scientific and medical skills
- Methodological skills with experience in statistics, epidemiology or clinical outcomes research
- Knowledge of the national data sources and policies regarding secondary use of health data
- Ability to work systematically and independently in creation and execution of value-based data generation strategies and plans
- Business acumen and high level of industry understanding
- Project Management skills with ability to lead several complex projects with multiple external and internal stakeholders
- Good presentations skills and ability to deliver scientific and strategic messages and educate and communicate on epidemiological data and methodology
- Fluency in Danish and English is required.
- Documented independent research experience, preferably PhD
- Pharmaceutical industry experience in a medical and/or market access role
- Good knowledge about the national health care system
- Knowledge and understanding of the national healthcare funding/reimbursement system, health economics, drug development, pharmacovigilance and regulatory affairs
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
At Pfizer, we invest in creating an environment which unleashes the power of our people. Some of our key drivers:
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion - Everyone has something to offer. We believe that a diverse and inclusive organization is crucial to building a successful organization. Pfizer is?committed to celebrating?this in all its?forms ensuring we are as diverse as the patients and communities we serve.
When you grow, We Grow! - All colleagues are empowered to unleash their full potential, delivering on our company purpose through non-linear career paths, made of a diverse set of experiences.
Health & Wellbeing- We empower our colleagues to better care for themselves and make new investments to help them manage their mental and physical well-being. Ensuring an environment where colleagues can unleash their power and bring joy at work is one of our focus areas.
WELCOME TO PFIZER!
Please submit your application, with CV and cover letter in English as soon as possible, no later than 25th of September. We will screen and interview candidates on an ongoing basis.