Pre Project Manager
At Tetra Pak we commit to making food safe and available, everywhere; and we protect what's good – protecting food, protecting people, and protecting the planet. By doing so we touch millions of people's lives every day. And we need people like you to make it happen.
More information about Tetra Pak is available at our website.
Tetra Pak Processing supplies, installs, and commissions processing equipment as well as provides after sales service to producers of Dairy, Cheese, Prepared Food, Ice cream, Beverage and Cosmetics products. Within this organization we have the Pre-Project Department as part of the Order Fulfilment Capital Equipment Engineering Centre North Europe.
We are looking for a Pre-Project Manager, who will be responsible for preparing Production Solutions. You will report to the Engineering Manager, and you will be part of the Pre-Project Team of 17 people.
This position is office based in Silkeborg, Denmark, but you need to be prepared and flexible to travel up to 20% of your working days. This means approximately 1 day in a working week will be spent at customer site within the North Europe market area (mainly the UK and Ireland market, but also the Nordics and the Benelux countries).
What you will do
- Manage project quotation activities on specific enquiries within a customer team
- Evaluate the client’s needs and prepare the possible solutions
- Prepare a high-level design and provide a concept which meet the customer’s expectation
- Responsible for technical specifications and getting the prices in, prepare the cost calculation and put together the whole bid document
- Drive complex costumer quotations together with sales managers
- Prepare P&ID and Lay outs
- Execute cost calculations, consumption/utility data calculations
- Understand costumer specific user requirements related to technical specifications (Components, hygienic design, regulations, welding demands, automation both SW and HW)
- Understand technical scope and process of defined specifications
- Deviations list towards requirements
- Performance qualifications of the quoted solution
- Delivery time and time schedule
- Project management of pre-projects (e.g. planning, resources, time, minutes of meeting)
- Support project governance process
- Commercial understanding of project sales within BtB
We believe you have
- Outstanding negotiating skills, who can communicate effectively both with your colleagues at sales, engineering and supply chain, and your customers and suppliers
- Ability to manage the promises and expectations in a way to bring satisfaction for all parties at the end
- Strong technical background both in theory and practice, and a degree level in an Engineering or food related subject
- 5 years working experience from the food industry. During these years you have implemented food processing solutions
- Familiarity with the newest technologies of food processing and with the preparation of tenders. This enables you to advice and control the projects in the sales phase
- Experience as a process engineer, process design engineer, project engineer, sales engineer or even as a project manager
- Preferable knowledge with food and dairy industry
- Technical founded with the process industry
What we offer:
We Offer You
- A variety of exciting challenges with ample opportunities for development and training in a truly global landscape
- A culture that pioneers a spirit of innovation where our industry experts drive visible results
- An equal opportunity employment experience that values diversity and inclusion
- Market competitive compensation and benefits with flexible working arrangements
If you are inspired to be part of our promise to protect what’s good; for food, people, and the planet, apply through our careers page at https://jobs.tetrapak.com/.
This job posting expires on 30th September.
If you have any questions about your application, please contact Yvonne Cooke at email@example.com.