Site Contract Specialist, Denmark
We are vital links between an idea for a new medicine and the people who need it. We are the people of PPD clinical research services — thousands of employees in locations worldwide connected by tenacity and passion for our purpose: to improve health. You will be joining a truly collaborative and winning culture as we strive to bend the time and cost curve of delivering life-saving therapies to patients.
Our goal-driven teams combine and deliver startup activities for the clinical trials, collaborating to improve processes, cycle and flexibility. We partner with our sites, businesses and colleagues around the world to decrease startup timelines and exceed expectations.
As a Site Contract Specialist, you will prepare and negotiate contracts, as well as, finalize the contract process.
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognize the power of being one team. We offer continued career advancement opportunities, award winning training and benefits focused on the health and wellbeing of our employees.
Prepares and negotiates contracts, as well as, finalizes the contract process. Liaises and establishes effective relationships with sites and internal functional teams. Ensures quality, objectivity and risk analysis in the efficient delivery of contracts.
- Drafts, reviews, negotiates and finalizes agreements with study sites in accordance with local/accepted process
- Negotiates within approved parameters both investigator grant budget negotiation parameters, contractual terms and conditions in accordance with company contractual considerations, client contractual considerations, established process with sites and follows established escalation routes
- Ensures compliance to established negotiation parameters, authority approval, contractual process and client expectations
- Ensures compliance of budgetary guidance, templates and process
- Identifies and assesses legal, financial and operational risks and escalates to appropriate level of the organization per established processes
- Provides recommendations and alternative resolutions to Investigator Contract negotiations through established escalation channels
- Coordinates with internal functional departments to ensure various site startup activities are aligned with contractual activities and mutually agreed up timelines; ensure alignment of contract negotiation process for sites and study are properly aligned to the critical path for site activation
- Achieve target cycle times for site activations
- Ensures guidelines and processes are followed for efficient escalation of out of parameter issues as appropriate.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification
Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 2-5 years’) or equivalent combination of education, training, & experience.
Years of experience refers to typical years of related experience needed to gain the required knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the essential functions of the job. Years of experience are not to be used as the only determining factor in establishing the job class or making employment selection decisions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Understanding of the principles of contract law, including a general understanding of laws that influence contract language, such as business, intellectual property and local tax and stamp laws
- Demonstrated ability to apply basic principles of investigator grant negotiation
- General understanding of business and financial principles that related to service agreements
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written) in English and in language spoken at local place of work
- Capable, with appropriate oversight, of drafting and negotiating contract provisions and budgetary issues within parameters
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent analytical and decision based thinking
- Understanding of the pharmaceutical product development process and involvement of CROs
- Able to work independently or in a team environment
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Working knowledge of PPD SOP and WPDs
- Able to organize competing priorities logically and review outstanding contractual risk and issues
- Able to effectively use automated systems and computerized applications, such as, Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.
- Ability to demonstrate a customer focused style of communication, problem solving and collaboration
What is offered
As well as being rewarded a competitive salary, we have an extensive benefits package based around the health and well-being of our employees. We have a flexible working culture, where PPD clinical research services truly value a work-life balance. We’ve grown sustainably year on year but continue to offer a collaborative environment, with teams of colleagues eager to share expertise and have fun together. We are a global organization but with a local feel.
Our 4i Values:
Integrity – Innovation – Intensity – Involvement
If you are interested in learning more, please send your resume to email@example.com, and we’ll set up a time to connect!
As we are likely to receive many applications, sometimes we are unable to provide feedback to everyone.