At Tetra Pak we commit to making food safe and available, everywhere; and we protect what's good – protecting food, protecting people, and protecting the planet. By doing so we touch millions of people's lives every day. And we need people like you to make it happen.
More information about Tetra Pak is available on our website.
We are looking for a Commercial Manager, who will ensure sustainable and profitable growth of our Ice Cream Business Stream. In this role, you will manage 12 direct reports responsible for end-to-end project sales of highly complex ice-cream solutions. Most of the members of your team are based in Denmark and working very closely together with a shared focus on driving growth in Ice Cream.
As part of this role, you will also be a member of the Ice Cream management team in Aarhus. You will report to the Director of Business Stream Ice Cream.
You will be based in Aarhus however, you can expect to travel approximately 20-30 % of your time globally to our markets and customer sites.
You will also be responsible for developing new relationships with new customers and developing and growing the Business.
What you will do
- Ensure business growth of the ice cream category in close corporation with our 28 markets
- Secure the margin by proper risk assessments and cost calculations
- Management of a team of 12 senior sales managers (with strong technical background)
- Member of the ice cream management team and set the strategic direction of the ice cream business stream (portfolio development, market trends, etc.)
- Indirect management of the sales teams placed outside of Denmark
- Participation in client negotiations, in various sales events around the globe
- Build and develop needed competencies in Tetra Pak market companies when it comes to product knowledge and sales tools
- Support, plan and execute the sales strategy for the market
- Be responsible for Sales forecast
- Ensure world-class handover of won projects to the project execution team
We believe you have
- 5+ years in a people management role
- 5+ years of experience with technical, value-based sales of highly complex end-to-end solutions
- University degree in engineering (mechanical, electrical, automation, or marine)
- Good knowledge of the Ice Cream Business is a big plus
- Fluent English language knowledge is a must; Danish is a benefit
- Good in navigating in different cultures globally
- Able to take a decision and able to delegate and empower your team
- Experience in the food industry & refrigeration area are valued
- Strong sales and strategic mindset
- Ability to work with different time zones
- Very good project management skills
- Self-driven, proactive, and highly structured individual with a client-focused mindset
- Good working knowledge of MS Office is an asset
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize between them
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
We Offer You
- A variety of exciting challenges with ample opportunities for development and training in a truly global landscape
- A culture that pioneers a spirit of innovation where our industry experts drive visible results
- An equal opportunity employment experience that values diversity and inclusion
- Market competitive compensation and benefits with flexible working arrangements