Finance Manager (m/f/d) Nordics
BIRKENSTOCK is a global lifestyle brand that stands for quality, function and all-round well-being. The historic roots of this long-standing family-run company can be traced back to the year 1774. Nowadays, the product portfolio comprises sandals and closed shoes, accessories, natural cosmetics as well as beds and sleep systems. With more than 5,500 employees, BIRKENSTOCK is the German shoe industry’s largest employer. BIRKENSTOCK has 16 locations in Germany, with privately owned distribution companies in Europe, Asia and the USA.
For our division Sales Europe at our location in Copenhagen we are looking for a Finance Manager (m/f/d) Nordics.
- Guarantee full compliance with all relevant local legislation (e.g.: statutory accounting standards, tax law, civil law) and internal group guidelines
- Manage the year-end audit process and external auditors, maintain a comprehensive system of controls over all accounting functions
- Maintain effective credit risk and cash management with a clean sales ledger
- Be a Business Partner to the Managing Director for the Nordics region and support the colleagues in Customer Service and Sales
- Manage all local insurance topics (cars, claims, and general internal inquiries) and align all financing (incl. leasing) and bank selection decisions in liaison with Treasury in HQ
- Establish and maintain a comprehensive control system regarding misconduct or fraud by designing company processes to satisfy the 4-eyes principle and ensuring a sufficient segregation of duties
- Create sound financial and operational performance reviews, e.g. month-end closing, budgets, forecasts and reports to the Europe Financial Department.
- Measure, review and challenge cost/benefit ratios of the proposed activities and implement best practices
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Finance or a related field, alternatively equivalent practical training
- Minimum 5 years of relevant working experience, preferably in the fashion industry (wholesale/retail), ideally Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Strong accounting (local accounting standards & IFRS) and taxation know-how
- Proficient in SAP combined with strong MS Excel skills
- Fluent in Danish and English; basic knowledge in Norwegian and Swedish are a plus
- Self-motivated and adaptable team player with strong interpersonal skills and a supportive mindset
- Analytical and result-oriented
BIRKENSTOCK offers you all the advantages of a successful, fast growing, global company: a dynamic work environment, considerable design freedom, authentic and open corporate culture and excellent development opportunities. Sounds exciting? It is.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application, stating your salary expectations! If you have any further question, please contact Maria Blum (+49 221 310835-635).