CEO to newly established innovation hub for data centers in Europe
Come and join us as the CEO of our new consortium, the Net Zero Innovation Hub for Data Centers (NZIH) in Europe.
We are looking for a CEO who is passionate about innovation and sustainability. NZIH is initiated by Danfoss, Google, Microsoft and Schneider Electrics and located in Fredericia, Denmark, with a clear pan-European ambition. The aim of the NZIH is to identify, manage and scale solutions and approaches that can help to further accelerate the decarbonization of the data center industry and strengthen ties to the surrounding society, incl. grid stabilization initiatives.
As our new CEO you’ll be tasked to deliver tangible wins within the first 18 months and beyond. You will build an effective organization that can establish the NZIH as an independent and dynamic organization, lead its vision and strategy and build partnerships that can solidify and expand the organization.
The candidate will have extensive expertise and capabilities incubating and driving innovation, including fundraising, experience within the tech, infrastructure and/or data center industry and a good command of the main research institutions and funding opportunities within this sphere. You will be responsible for setting ambitious goals and strategic direction for the NZIH, building a world-class team, and securing partnerships with key stakeholders.
The Innovation Hub for Data Centers in Europe is a fast-paced and exciting environment where you will have the opportunity to work on cutting-edge technologies, build a team and organization and make a real impact on the future of the data center industry.
If you are a dynamic and visionary leader who is looking to make a difference, we encourage you to apply for this position.
We are committed to creating a workplace where diversity and inclusion are valued. We encourage all relevant candidates to apply for this position, regardless of nationality, gender or educational background.
- Set ambitious goals and the strategic vision for the NZIH and oversee its execution.
- Promote the NZIH's mission and vision to the public, and ensure programs are purposeful and impactful resulting in a net zero future.
- Build and manage a high-performing and diverse team of engineers, scientists, and business professionals in different programs towards one unified goal.
- Secure and maintain partnerships with the board, key stakeholders, including European government agencies, universities, and industry leaders.
- Raise funding to support the NZIH's activities.
- Deliver programs that result in emission reduction measured in MTe CO2 from data centers, with results from the first projects in 18 months.
- 10+ years of experience in senior roles demonstrating the ability to initiate and drive successful strategy and innovation.
- Excellent leadership credentials, incl. strategic thinking, ability to bring colleagues and partners on board and put the team and strategic goals before own aspirations.
- Self-driven, data driven and eager to succeed in partnership with colleagues and consortium members.
- Deep understanding of the challenges companies and society face in reaching net zero incl. the data center industry. Demonstrate ability to identify not only ‘what’ to achieve but also ‘how’ to decarbonize the industry.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders. Effective in applying measures that foster a culture of inclusion and diversity.
The CEO will refer to the Board of Director (currently composed by representatives from the Founder group).
Deadline for applying is November 30, 2023.
For more information, please contact COO of the Danish Data Center Industry Merima Dzanic at +45 2015 5021 or by mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Hub
The Net Zero Innovation Hub for Data Centers (NZIH) is a pan-European initiative which seeks to address key sectoral challenges in concrete innovation projects and establish stronger links between operators, suppliers, and governments, acting as a gateway for innovation and partnerships in Europe. NZIH is a joint initiative started in collaboration between Danfoss, Schneider Electric, Google and Microsoft. The initiative will be looking to welcome additional, relevant partners.
The Hub is established with the following objectives:
- Establish a consortium of data center owners, equipment suppliers, grid operators, energy suppliers, academia, and NGOs to solve specific and broad infrastructure challenges facing European data centers, focusing on decarbonization and grid support initiatives in its initial phase.
- Execute projects, initially with heat recovery from data centers and grid services.
- Carve out additional projects which seek to accelerate the reduction of Scope 3 emissions (embodied carbon for data center construction & equipment)
- Be a platform for engagement with national and European-wide policy makers on the opportunities and complexities related to regulating data centers in Europe.
Apply with QuickApply on Jobindex.