R&D Technical doors - construction and documentation - Midtjylland area
About JELD-WEN Holding, Inc.
JELD-WEN is a leading global designer, manufacturer and distributor of high-performance interior and exterior doors, windows, and related building products serving the new construction and repair and remodeling sectors. Headquartered in Charlotte, N.C., the company operates facilities in 16 countries in North America and Europe and employs approximately 18,000 people. Since 1960, the JELD-WEN team has been committed to making quality products that create safe and sustainable environments for customers, associates and local communities. The JELD-WEN family of brands includes JELD-WEN® worldwide; LaCantina™ and VPI™ in North America; and Swedoor® and DANA® in Europe. For more information, visit jeld-wen.com.
R&D Technician for Technical doors focusing on documentation and construction improvements
We are currently seeking a highly motivated and skilled R&D Technician to join our dynamic team and our department, specializing in technical doors. As an R&D Technician, you will play a crucial role in the development and delivery of innovative specialized technical door solutions.
Your main focus will be on documentation and construction, maintaining compliance with current legislation, managing project costs, and facilitating effective communication with key stakeholders at all levels of the organization, aswell as general project management.
You will be participating in running the engineering and testing work in sustaining area, compliance to standards, product changes, construction standardizationså and optimizations to improve products, performances, cost, complexity, and solutions, where your main areas being….
- Product technical support to Factory, Drawings and Documentation Centre and to Product Manager.
- Product development in accordance with product standards and compliance with national and European standards.
- Value Analysis and Value Engineering, continuous improvement possibilities in product, processes.
- Project management in the R&D area projects.
- Analyze and development of product constructions, materials, customization, standardizations, and modularizations.
- Responsible for the specifications, quality (technical), test object documentation, standard documentation and handing over documentation.
- Create SolidWorks models and construction drawings for the development work and implementation into factories.
- Lead of implementation of prototype manufacturing in processes and factories, aswell as testing at internal and external laboratories
- Creating and maintaining R&D department test plan, communication and coordination with test laboratories internally and externally.’
- Analyzing and commenting test standards and product standards which are under development.
- Creating Bill of Material, Product Unit Cost and Business Case calculations together with the Factories and/or Product Management.
- Tight cooperation with Product Management, Factories, Procurement, Certification team, notified bodies and external test facilities.
Requirements for the role
This role is ideal for a highly motivated experienced professional in engineering/R&D who is passionate making improvements and looking for new solutions, aswell having great understanding about building materials
- Professional or bachelor’s degree or equivalent, 3 years working experience in manufacturing company or laboratory.
- High competence in engineering or in building materials area.
- Knowledge of test methods and product standards.
- Experience with fire, smoke, acoustic, burglary protection is an advantage.
- Skills and experience in SolidWorks and ePDM.
- Good computer skills (MS Excel, MS Word, Teams etc.).
- Very good command of English and fluent either in Swedish or Danish.
- Skills in project management and in Plan-Do-Check-Act-closing skills.
As a person you contribute with most of these characteristics for the role
- Structured and systematic.
- Independent, Adaptability and result oriented
- Both technical creative and analytical skills
- Detail oriented and well organized with a practical approach
- Skills and the ability to multi-task to accomplish a multitude of tasks within priorities and timelines
- Team player but also project leader in your field of work
If you are passionate about R&D, possess a proven track record of delivering projects from cradle to grave, and have interest and knowledge of the complexity in technical doors and manufacturing, we encourage you to apply.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter outlining your relevant experience and qualifications through "apply" on this site. We look forward to reviewing your application.
Would like to gain more information about the role and Swedoor & JELD-WEN as a company, then you are more than welcome to contact Talent Aqcuisition Partner Nordics, Jesper Laurholt on +45 28 43 50 63
What we offer:
GOOD REASON TO JOIN
We act with integrity, invest in people, inspire through innovation, deliver on our promises, and improve every day. We are seeking talented individuals who share this purpose and values and want to excel in their field of expertise. We offer excellent benefits, a collaborative environment in which to apply your talent and a dynamic and growing company, with exceptional career progression opportunities.