R&D Technician for Technical doors focusing on product development
We are currently seeking a highly motivated and skilled R&D Technician to join our dynamic team and our department, specializing in technical doors. As an R&D Technician, you will play a crucial role in the development and delivery of innovative specialized technical door solutions.
Your main focus will be on product development, maintaining compliance with current legislation, managing project costs, and facilitating effective communication with key stakeholders at all levels of the organization, aswell as general project management.
You will be participating in running the product development responsibilities in the changing market requirements, in product changes, in the new products opportunities and in the new technologies, where the main areas being ...
- Product development in accordance with product standards, compliance with the national and European standards, and accordance with sustainability and environmental requirements.
- Engineering and testing work in new products, margin improvement opportunities, and changes required due to regulatory changes.
- Lead of implementation of prototype manufacturing in processes and factories.
- Creating and maintaining R&D test plan, communication, and coordination with test laboratories internally and externally.
- Product testing at internal and external laboratories.
- Responsible for the specifications, test object documentation, EXAP work, standard documentation, handing over documentation and technical quality.
- Create SolidWorks models and construction drawings for the development work
- Analyzing and commenting test standards and product standards which are under development.
- Creating Bill of Material, Product Unit Cost and Business Case calculations together with the Factories and/or Product Management.
- Help in Improving R&D processes and working methods, towards more efficiency and effectiveness.
- Tight cooperation with Product Management, Factories, Procurement, Certification team, suppliers, notified bodies and external test facilities.
Requirements for the role
This role is ideal for a highly motivated experienced professional in engineering/R&D who is passionate making improvements and looking for new solutions.
- Professional or bachelor’s degree or equivalent, 3 years working experience in manufacturing company or laboratory.
- High competence in engineering or in building materials area.
- Knowledge of test methods and product standards.
- Experience with fire, smoke, acoustic, burglary protection is an advantage.
- Skills and experience in SolidWorks and ePDM.
- Good computer skills (MS Excel, MS Word, Teams etc.).
- Very good command of English and fluent either in Swedish or Danish.
- Skills in project management and in Plan-Do-Check-Act-closing skills.
As a person you contribute with most of these characteristics for the role
- Structured and systematic.
- Independent, Adaptability and result oriented
- Both technical creative and analytical skills
- Detail oriented and well organized with a practical approach
- Skills and the ability to multi-task to accomplish a multitude of tasks within priorities and timelines
- Team player but also project leader in your field of work
If you are passionate about R&D, possess a proven track record of delivering projects from cradle to grave, and have interest and knowledge of the complexity in technical doors and manufacturing, we encourage you to apply.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter outlining your relevant experience and qualifications through "Apply" on this site. We look forward to reviewing your application.
If you would like to gain more information about the role and Swedoor & JELD-WEN as a company, then you are more than welcome to contact Talent Aqcuisition Partner Nordics, Jesper Laurholt on +45 28 43 50 63
GOOD REASON TO JOIN
We act with integrity, invest in people, inspire through innovation, deliver on our promises, and improve every day. We are seeking talented individuals who share this purpose and values and want to excel in their field of expertise. We offer excellent benefits, a collaborative environment in which to apply your talent and a dynamic and growing company, with exceptional career progression opportunities.
About JELD-WEN Holding, Inc.
JELD-WEN is a leading global designer, manufacturer and distributor of high-performance interior and exterior doors, windows, and related building products serving the new construction and repair and remodeling sectors. Headquartered in Charlotte, N.C., the company operates facilities in 16 countries in North America and Europe and employs approximately 18,000 people. Since 1960, the JELD-WEN team has been committed to making quality products that create safe and sustainable environments for customers, associates and local communities. The JELD-WEN family of brands includes JELD-WEN® worldwide; LaCantina™ and VPI™ in North America; and Swedoor® and DANA® in Europe. For more information, visit jeld-wen.com.
In 2022, Newsweek named JELD-WEN as one of America’s Most Trustworthy Companies.
What We Offer
Investing in People is one of our Core Values, we strive to attract & retain great people! As such, JELD-WEN offers competitive compensation & benefits packages. As a global organization, specific benefits may vary, however typically including medical & dental, generous leave policies, retirement program, etc.
JELD-WEN is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not tolerate discrimination, harassment, and/or retaliation based on individuals’ physical traits, beliefs, and/or other characteristics that are protected under applicable laws.
JELD-WEN does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services.