Technical Lead – join a leading quantum computing software company
Would you like to help maximise the power of quantum computing?
Becoming part of our new Copenhagen subsidiary office, you will lead teams, structure technology plans and handle the strategic setup of our R&D projects on a global scale.
Welcome to QunaSys
QunaSys builds technology for quantum computing to achieve its full potential through our algorithm development to product engineering.
You will join us on our R&D journey as we aim towards a future where quantum computers can be used as a disruptive tool in industries evolving around materials, chemistry, drug discovery, and many more.
Our HQ is located in Japan, but we are 50 colleagues located around the world – and you will join us at this exciting time as we are building our Danish subsidiary office. Together with our new CEO, you will define the work processes, influence the strategic direction and assist with our recruitment process.
Structure the teams and develop quantum algorithmic software
Becoming part of our fast-paced R&D environment at our Copenhagen office, you will be working alongside our technology, business and corporate teams respectively.
You will be responsible for planning and managing technology R&D projects together with our clients – from initial ideation to completion – as you put together the best teams for the solution and ensure that they deliver on time, within budget and with the desired outcomes aligned to objectives.
This includes setting up the technology plan, organising the workload and handling the execution.
Doing so, you will coordinate with your colleagues in Japan, organising weekly meetings.
Moreover, you will:
- Design quantum algorithmic software for e.g. computation-related libraries for internal use
- Develop arithmetic processors of our quantum computing cloud service
- Handle research agreements and manage grant processes
- Travel up to 30 days per year as you visit the team in Japan (1-2 trips) and participate in various events around Europe
You will also have very flexible working conditions and the possibility to work remotely and from home when needed.
Are you our next quantum technical lead talent?
- You have a master’s degree or PhD in quantum information, quantum chemistry, theoretical physics or condensed matter physics
- You have the ability to design and implement quantum and/or classical algorithms as well as coding knowledge in C, C++ and/or Python
- You have several years of work experience managing and motivating teams
- You are an excellent communicator and have experience working in interdisciplinary and mixed teams with internal and external stakeholders in multicultural environments
- You are fluent in English, both orally and in writing – knowledge of Japanese is a plus, but not a requirement
Jobindex serves as recruitment partner on this position. If you have any questions regarding the position, you are welcome to contact Senior IT Recruitment Consultant at Jobindex Jens Wang at +45 7245 9074.
Please apply for the position by clicking the “Apply” link below as soon as possible – preferably rather today than tomorrow. Only applications sent via the link will be taken into consideration. We will conduct interviews with relevant candidates on an ongoing basis.
Start date is as soon as possible, but we will wait for the right candidate.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Apply with QuickApply on Jobindex.
Jens Frederik Wang
TLF: 7245 9074
Please write in your application that you saw the job listing at StepStone.