Help shape a secure and sustainable future and join our Legal Team! We are looking for a Legal Counsel for our Scandinavian region and our Global Marine & Navy business, as soon as possible. The legal counsel will be based in Denmark, combination with mobile working possible.
In this exciting, challenging and versatile position, you will act as a strong business partner. As part of the European and global Legal team, you will actively shape transformation and thus make a personal contribution to the success of our company and our clients.
What will you do
Under broad direction from the Executive Legal Director Global Marine & Navy, Benelux & Nordics you will support our building technologies & services field business, functional departments and management in the Scandinavian countries as well as the Global Marine & Navy vertical in various countries:
- You will support the business colleagues with complex contract reviews and negotiations, and provide tangible and hands-on legal advice on strategic commercial initiatives.
- You will develop practice-oriented solutions to minimize legal risks and initiate improvements.
- You will advise on customer and supplier disputes, and coordinate court proceedings in cooperation with external lawyers.
- You will collaborate on strategic initiatives, transformation processes and cross-regional issues with the European and global legal team and other functions of a global matrix organization.
What we look for
- A law degree with a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience preferably in an international industrial company and/or an international commercial law firm.
- Legal generalist, with a strong understanding of project business. Experience within the offshore sector is an added benefit.
- Experience working across borders, in multiple jurisdictions.
- Experience with both contentious and non-contentious work.
- Strong knowledge of commercial contracts (including IP/IT/digital solutions, and sustainability including performance contracting) and negotiation skills in an international environment
- Experience with standard industry terms in Scandinavia (such as AB, NLM, NS)
- Excellent communication and team working skills
- A problem-solving, “can do” orientation with a demonstrated ability to simplify complex situations
- Ability to influence without authority and work within a matrix legal team is a key attribute
- Ability to develop and sustain relationships with management at all levels and customer management skills are required
- Business fluent in English and Danish/other Scandinavian languages
- Being part of shaping the profitable market of the future of sustainable, climate-neutral and intelligent buildings and shipbuilding
- An international, dynamic and varied workplace with an exciting and broad range of responsibilities
- Flexibility regarding location and working time management
- Independent work in a "high-performance culture" and an international, highly motivated team
- Attractive compensation package