VP of Finance
As NMD Pharma continues its growth trajectory following its successful recent fundraising, the business is now seeking to hire into a newly created position, an experienced and highly skilled VP of Finance to take responsibility for the company’s financial strategy playing an integral part in driving the business forward. This role will demand an ability to work strategically and operationally, and the right individual will thrive in the dynamic setting of a growth stage biotech, possessing an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit whilst also remaining diligent and structured.
The incumbent will join a growing world-class management team and will play a part in shaping the growth of this exciting company who are connected by a common purpose to help patients with high unmet medical need.
Based at NMD Pharma’s HQ in Aarhus, Denmark, and reporting to the CEO, the appointed VP of Finance will be part of the corporate management and leadership team, working cross-functionally and internationally across NMD Pharma’s R&D, CMC, Clinical, Commercial and Operations teams and will be expected to report on financial matters to the Company Board.
This is an outstanding opportunity to build and lead the financial operations and strategy of a highly innovative and exciting growth stage organisation. The role will suit a driven, entrepreneurial and proven financial executive who has a track record of successfully building a high-performing financial strategy and supportive operations fit for a growth stage scale-up biotechnology business such as NMD Pharma.
- Strategically lead and direct NMD Pharma’s financial function, developing and delivering a financial strategy that is aligned to corporate objectives and company growth;
- Provide best-in-class financial leadership and governance as a member of the management team to DK GAAP, US GAAP and/or IFRS standards;
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies, implementing corporate governance procedures, risk management and internal controls;
- Manage and develop NMD Pharma’s finance and accounting team providing leadership and guidance to ensure a fit-for-purpose and high performing finance team;
- Provision of senior level financial input in key corporate deal-making and fundraising initiatives;
- Preparation of monthly financial reporting, and board reporting with support analysis, variance matrix and commentary. To include Cash Flow and Treasury management including cash flow forecasts, reporting and analysis;
- Lead the accounting team in the preparation of the annual statutory financial statements, maintain the financial ledgers and manage the month end close;
- Lead the company’s tax and compliance matters including the collation and recording of correct and complete expenditures to support the company’s claim to tax credits, and deal with other tax matters and filings and other statutory reporting in addition to providing support for the resolution of any tax queries;
- Responsibility for the preparation of the budgets and variance analysis.
- A proven financial leadership profile with a track record of strategic financial management within an internationally facing organisation;
- Qualified accountant with demonstrable industry experience at a senior level;
- Experienced in reporting in accordance with DK GAAP, US GAAP and/or IFRS, is preferred;
- Experience of working on a cross functional leadership team and be able to demonstrate the intellectual and interpersonal skills required to operate at a senior level;
- Firm understanding of results analysis and interpretation, driving business improvement from the interpretation of financial data, with a solid view on the numbers and good “feel” for strategic implications;
- Experience working within organizations with an international outlook and presence, ideally within biotechnology, pharmaceutical, consumer healthcare, software, engineering, agriculture or a similarly aligned industry would be advantageous but not mandatory;
- Experience of working with research and development finance or associated cost centres would be highly advantageous;
- Possess a pragmatic and hands-on approach. Experience working in a growth stage environment or similar where multiple hats are worn without a large team or affiliates to delegate to. Can demonstrate that they have worked in this type of environment before and enjoy the benefits/challenges that it provides;
- Technically proficient. Strong and up to date on tax, treasury and financial reporting. Proven record of working with external auditors, tax advisors, legal counterparts, and Danish and US tax bodies;
- Experience working with and reporting to senior leadership team and the Board;
- Proven experience of building and maintaining solid and productive relationships with key stakeholders both internally and externally;
- An understanding of the challenges of overseeing financial aspects of a rapidly growing and evolving business and working to key deadlines and strategic milestones;
- Proficient user of financial software including ERP systems and other accounting systems with strong IT skills including advanced MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint;
- Strong organisational, analytical, process driven and interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently;
- Committed to a presence on-site at NMD Pharma HQ in Aarhus, Denmark, and open to business travel where required.
In summary, the successful, qualified VP of Finance will be able to demonstrate the following:
- An independent and proactive professional who demonstrates confidence and commands gravitas;
- A collaborative style and a team player, able to provide constructive challenge;
- A good listener and communicator who can lead with subtlety, tact, and diplomacy;
- A champion of open and frank discussion with discipline, and can ask the tough questions;
- Level-headed under pressure.
NMD Pharma takes its stance on DEI seriously and welcomes diverse candidates: The company is committed to providing equal opportunities for all candidates regardless of, for example (and not limited to), gender, ethnicity and neurodivergence.
The company strongly endorses a flexible working environment around its core working hours of 09:00-15:00 and endorses fair and equal pay practices.
Want to learn more?
If you have questions, please do not hesitate to contact our external recruiter at email@example.com.
Please click on the link below to apply for the position. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.
Your application and CV should not be sent via email.
Apply with QuickApply on Jobindex.