Key Account Manager, E-Commerce & Retail
Founded in Japan in 1887, Kao is passionate about making a difference in people’s lives with our high-quality products and services to create a Kirei Life for all – a beautiful life that respects the needs of our consumers and customers as well as the planet. We never compromise on quality and craft our products with care for the consumer and the environment. As a company driven by purpose and strong corporate values, we pride ourselves to be listed among the World´s Most Ethical Companies for 17 consecutive years. Our corporate philosophy, the Kao Way, guides us in everything we do – acting with integrity, courageously driving innovation, and treating each other with trust and respect.
This new role in the Nordic region supports to roll out the Sales Strategy and to drive and deliver the Global Salon Strategy. As BDM Retail & e-com you will drive partnership with existing retailers and e-commerce accounts to deliver sales growth as well as identify and convert new customers to the Kao Salon OTC brands in the Nordic region. Starting and developing business with new and bigger clients is one of the key objectives.
You will be accountable for achieving the annual targets and for delivering the commercial plans to the accounts through direct account responsibility.
You will also deliver merchandising expertise and product knowledge to the accounts to ensure excellent consumer experience and sell-thru.
The role will have managerial responsibility for one direct report and close collaboration with the Business Development Manager, Retail in Finland as well as the Nordic CS&M team (Commercial Strategy & Marketing) and EMEA regional team.
This role is a full-time, permanent position based in the Nordic Headquarters in Copenhagen (hybrid working model).
What you will do:
- Develop budgets and accurate forecast.
- Develop and drive sales and marginal income of Kao Salon OTC products in the retail and e-com channels in line with budget.
- P&L accountability to meet budgeted sales and marginal income targets.
- Build relationships with accounts to maximize business growth and opportunities
- Formulate joint business plans in collaboration with accounts which deliver in line with budget and secures sell-thru and return on investments
- Generate creative ideas to drive business growth (out of the box thinking)
- To drive excellent execution of launches at store level and online
- To ensure that store staff, marketing and customer service are trained to understand key brand benefits to support sell-thru
- M.Sc. degree or equivalent
- Fluent in either Danish, Norwegian or Swedish and English.
- 5+ years sales experience with retailers at headquarter level and store level as well as e-Commerce with a track record of successes in Beauty/Fashion/FMCG (ideally luxury and salon industry)
- Experience managing key accounts and developing and communicating business plans effectively to high profile customers (both written and verbally)
- P&L responsibility and experience of developing long term and short-term sales strategies and promotions and working within company set guidelines to maintain both equity and profitability of the brands.
- Estimated average 1-2 travel days per month for customer meetings (depending on needs)
- Passion for the beauty Industry and the Kao Salon Division brands
- Good knowledge of haircare products (ideal but non-essential)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Word, PowerPoint, Excel (advanced) and Outlook and comfortable with working with sales tools and systems.
How we work:
Having been selected among the World´s Most Ethical Companies for 17 consecutive years, we are a company with a purpose and strong corporate values. We never compromise on quality and craft our products with care for the consumer and the environment. At Kao, each employee can actively shape their job and their career. We work collaboratively to achieve our common goals, always aiming to deliver the best for our customers.
What we offer:
A friendly and flexible work environment with competitive salaries, benefits package, ongoing development and the opportunity to enhance your skills and deliver tangible results. At Kao your voice will be heard. Your opinion really counts. We believe that change comes from taking opportunities into your own hands, so we value and reward entrepreneurial thinking and innovation.
Kao embraces the diversity and the individual personalities of its people because we believe it is diversity that makes us strong. This is why we welcome applications from all areas of the global community.
Want to learn more: If you feel you are as unique as our products and want to find out why 33,000 people across the globe opted for a career with us please visit our Americas website (https://www.kao.com/americas/en/) or EMEA website (https://www.kao.com/emea/en/)