Field Service Technician - area of Odense
What if energy supply could be sustainable, affordable, and reliable at the same time? With its product brands Jenbacher and Waukesha and the digital platform myPlant, INNIO offers energy solutions for today—and tomorrow, in more than 100 countries, improving the quality of life for countless people.
We are currently looking for a Field Service Technician (m/f) - electrical/mechanical - in Denmark.
The Field Service Technician will perform hands-on field service work on Jenbacher Gas Engines, including but not limited to commissioning, troubleshooting, periodic maintenance, and minor overhaul, Jenbacher’s Gas Engines range in power from 0.25 to 9.5 MW, and run on either natural gas or a variety of other gases (e.g., biogas, landfill gas, coal mine gas, sewage gas, combustible industrial waste gases). Our office in Denmark is based in Hinnerup. We are looking for a person who lives in the area of Odense.
- Execute service in compliance with the maintenance protocol of the engine, for example: check oil level and filters, replace filters and valves as well as perform relevant mechanical measurements
- carry out minor repairs on the engine additionally to the planned service
- Take part in the execution of major service on the engine ensuring the compliance with the manufacturer’s manuals and procedures
- Manage and work with third party suppliers
- Manage customer expectation and report on the progress of the maintenance
- Perform troubleshoot activities to understand mechanic failures of the engine and/or electronic failures of the associated control systems. Check historical data of the engine.
- Create a technical report specifying the reason for the visit, the actions performed and the results, describe the use of materials and if needed recommend follow-up actions
- Responsible to maintain basic set of spare parts in the van, ensure that they are approved, clean and stored appropriately
- Work effectively as part of a team of technicians or independently
- Process timesheets, expense reports, Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) forms, and job reports in a timely manner
- Comply with all EHS policies and procedures to ensure a safe and productive work site
- Keep a clean and tidy working environment
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Prior professional experience with reciprocating engines preferred
- Experience as car mechanic, car electrician or other relevant electrical background
- Strong electrical and IT skills
- PLC knowledge
- English level medium or above
- Good working language proficiency in Danish
- Familiar with Jenbacher reciprocating gas/diesel engines
- Available for extensive travel, up to 70% in Denmark
- Able to understand and implement technical procedures
- Possess a valid driver's license
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Effective interpersonal and organizational skills
- Strong customer focus
- Able to effectively interact with customers
What we offer:
We put great emphasis on providing our employees with recognition, flexibility, competitive and fair compensation, as well as numerous other benefits.