Are you a resilient leader with proven leadership abilities and experience in managing daily operations in a manufacturing site? We are now searching for a strategic and hands-on Plant Manager to join JELD-WEN Denmark.
You will lead a highly dedicated site management team, whilst playing a pivotal role in overseeing and elevating our daily operations in our manufacturing site.
At JELD-WEN Denmark, we operate a manufacturing site in Sdr. Felding, where we have approximately 225 dedicated people working in daily operations.
You will be reporting directly to the Operations Director Scandinavia and hold the managerial responsibility of a site management team with seven direct reports
To succeed in this role, you possess proven leadership abilities and a continuous-improvement mindset to lead continuous improvement in the production team and manufacturing site in Sdr. Felding.
- To live by the JELD-WEN values to build businesses ethically and safely as well as ensuring adherence with all safety compliance standards
- Work collaboratively with the site management team in delivering productivity improvement
- Provide timely production operational activities in line with key objective set supporting our business strategy
- Drive positive transformation throughout the site, build and mentor effective teams and drive employee engagement, involvement and development.
- Work with other functional leadership within the business to ensure operations are aligned to strategic objectives and that capacity is proactively planned and managed
- Focus on achieving cost reductions and increased profitability through the philosophy of driving continuous improvement across all areas of responsibility
- Ensure the optimising of processes related to the effective and efficient management of inventory
- Coach, mentor, and educate employees to develop, support and sustain a continuous improvement culture – establish improvement as a way of life
- Develop and challenge the production team to embed the lean tools, techniques and leadership behaviours
- Implement and maintain quality control standards across the site
- Be responsible for the value stream product quality standards and the continuous improvement of these standards
Your skills and experiences
- Several years of experience in a similar role, preferably within a production or manufacturing environment
- Proven site leadership experience and people management skills
- A degree in Engineering or an equivalent vocational qualification, could be an advantage
- Previous experience of a 'Safety First' culture with a zero-tolerance and continuous safety improvement mentality or the equivalent
- Financially literate and competent in managing and interpreting key business-related data
- A customer-centric mindset with the ability to build and deliver solutions that meet or exceed customer expectations
- Excellent communications skills to actively listen and communicate with employees on all levels
- Result-driven, transformational and resilient leadership traits
- A good understanding of Lean is essential to be successful
- Well-accustomed to working in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio
- Knowledge of manufacturing ERP systems, including SAP is advantageous
- Fluency in spoken and written Danish and English is a prerequisite
Good reason to join
We act with integrity, invest in people, inspire through innovation, deliver on our promises and improve every day. We are seeking talented individuals who share this purpose and values and want to excel in their field of expertise. We offer excellent benefits, a collaborative environment in which to apply your talent and a dynamic and growing company, with exceptional career progression opportunities.
Submit your application and CV as we will interview suitable candidates as they apply and finalize our posting, when the right candidate is in place.
For more information, you are welcome to contact TA Business Partner Nordics Jesper Laurholt , at +45 28 43 50 63 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Compensation package will reflect the right candidates background.
About JELD-WEN Holding, Inc.
JELD-WEN is a leading global designer, manufacturer and distributor of high-performance interior and exterior doors, windows, and related building products serving the new construction and repair and remodeling sectors. Headquartered in Charlotte, N.C., the company operates facilities in 16 countries in North America and Europe and employs approximately 18,000 people. Since 1960, the JELD-WEN team has been committed to making quality products that create safe and sustainable environments for customers, associates and local communities. The JELD-WEN family of brands includes JELD-WEN® worldwide; LaCantina™ and VPI™ in North America; and Swedoor® and DANA® in Europe. For more information, visit jeld-wen.com.
What We Offer
Investing in People is one of our Core Values, we strive to attract & retain great people! As such, JELD-WEN offers competitive compensation & benefits packages.
JELD-WEN is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not tolerate discrimination, harassment, and/or retaliation based on individuals’ physical traits, beliefs, and/or other characteristics that are protected under applicable laws.
JELD-WEN does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services.